The mobility transformation needs innovative drive technology to make it happen. Come and help us develop
and launch ground-breaking new products. If you have got the drive to turn your visions into reality, we are
looking for you! Starting on 1 October 2019, our 18-month Global Leader Development Programme is designed
to prepare you for a career in a competitive environment while a guaranteed position at the BMW Group awaits
you afterwards. You will be supported by a mentor, work abroad and build your own invaluable network of
global contacts while getting to know the BMW Group from scratch and holistically.
Trainee Powertrain Concepts & Integration (f/m/x)
Job reference: 127731
- You will be involved in the 48V mild hybrid technologies where you will help to achieve the ambitious CO2 targets and simultaneously enhance the customer experience in every single vehicle.
- With your excellent technical expertise, you will be working together with different powertrain R&D divisions as well as vehicle development departments to implement relevant 48V powertrain functions (e.g. 48V operating strategy, engine-off coasting) in the BMW and MINI line-up.
- During the series development phase you will cooperate with team-colleagues and partners to successfully implement, validate and refine these functions until the launch of the respective vehicle.
- Parallelly, you will support the initial phase of vehicle projects regarding the design and test of new 48V powertrain functions. Hereby, you will have to reflect the latest news in terms of technologies, OEM benchmarks and automotive trends.
You should have:
- An above-average degree in mechanical, electrical, control or industrial engineering with technical focus, mechatronics, computer science, mathematics or similar.
- At least six months of relevant practical experience in calibration or simulation, concept or functional development (study-related or professional).
- At least four months experience of studying, working or travelling abroad.
- Fluency in German and English (additional languages would also be advantageous).
- Excellent communication skills.
- A strong strategic and analytical mind.
- Drive, determination and willingness to take on responsibility.
Ready to go places? The application period runs from 15 April until 02 May 2019.
As part of the selection process, you will be invited to an online assessment. Please finish the online test
until 05 May 2019 at the latest. Our on-site assessment centres will take place on 04 & 05 July 2019.
For more detailed information about the application procedure, please visit our career homepage